View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 07:26 AM   #11
Lee B
YT 500 Club Member

Saturday night I received a call from someone who had found Puddie ... his tag simply reads "I'm Lost" and has my cell number on it. I was outside and didn't have the cell - and was surprised to see I had missed a call. It was a neighbor, only lives 3 doors down, but she didn't know he was mine.

He was panic struck; she'd given him a treat and water, then put him in the only cage she had - a Hav-A-Heart for trapping raccoons - to wait for someone to call back. She has Yorkies herself, but didn't know if his shots were up to date or not. He didn't quit shaking for a good 1/2 hour.

I was amazed ... I didn't know he was gone either. He probably slipped out when my daughter went out the door. If it hadn't been for his tag, the neighbor wouldn't have know to call. He's chipped, but you have to take him to a vet for that.

I know there are many folks who don't like collars, but if he hadn't had one on with a tag, I don't know what would have happened. His collar is loose - he could back out of it if it got snagged; Bella's is a loose-fitting, break-away cat collar. Both of them have harnesses for when they go out ... their leashes are never attached to the collar. But the collar gives me a place to put tags - and their bells.

A side benefit to Puddie's wanderings: he's been *exceptionally" cuddly since he got back home
Lee B is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!