View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #12
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfeefamily View Post
We go for walks 30 minute walks with my kids. He plays in the back yard with my daughter when weather allows. He is not in the crate 24/7, but we are trying to train him not to pee indoors. Even with going out every hour on the hour - and him being tethered to my belt loop whereever I go...he still cries when I crate him at bed time. IN MY BEDROOM next to me in the bed! I can't watch him while I sleep and he is 3.5 pounds. I don't want him to kill himself in wires or soemthing. It's ridiculous to think a puppy is safe roaming free in a house. I don't leave my 9 month child roaming free and I am sure neither do you!
I don't mean roaming the house, I said a secure area. We kept the girls in the kitchen dining area and closed off to the rest of the house till they were house trained, and even now if we go somewhere that we can't take them, they go into those two rooms. That's where their large covered bed, toys, chews, water and pads are as well. Even at night. We don't sleep with them. I really do feel you should either call in Cesar Milan or re-home him.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!