View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 10:22 AM   #10
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

I would suggest to NOT crate him during the day, to use an Xpen, put in a bed, a pee pad and his food and toys. I even use 1x12 boards to divide the potty area from the rest of the pen.

When you get home take him for a long walk. Do not keep him crated when you are home, confine him to the kitchen, when you are not playing with him or holding him.

Make sure he gets plenty of play time, and time to wind down after play, before bed time.

At bed time put him out for 5 to 10 minutes, then put him in his crate, somewhere OTHER than your bedroom.

I use towels in the crates so if they soil the crate, it is easy to just toss in the washer.

I have a 3 pounder and she was a year old before she could go all night without soiling the bed.

I do not think it is a good idea to get up and take them out in the night. they will get so they do it just cause they want to get up.

The crate I use is big enough to have a small pee area in the front and a towel in the back.

I would run a fan to drown out the noise and not the TV, because the TV might be keeping him awake. He might think you are not in bed and he is missing something.

Good luck

Cesar Milan is the Dog Whisperer
Welcome to cesarmilaninc.com - Search Results for "cesarmilaninc.com"
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!