View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #8
jfeefamily
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
I really believe your dog is a nervous wreck. No dog should be crated day and night. I don't want to make you upset with me, but you should really re-home this baby so he can live a normal life, otherwise call in Cesar Milan. This baby needs a couple long walks a day and if you can't do that then put him on a treadmill. You or someone else is going to have to start all over in training him and also if you can't keep him out of the crate into a secure room with no carpet, then things are not going to change for you or him. As it's going now, your only creating a very neurotic dog. I wish I could really help you with him, but we live too far apart. Maybe someone else on here can help.
We go for walks 30 minute walks with my kids. He plays in the back yard with my daughter when weather allows. He is not in the crate 24/7, but we are trying to train him not to pee indoors. Even with going out every hour on the hour - and him being tethered to my belt loop whereever I go...he still cries when I crate him at bed time. IN MY BEDROOM next to me in the bed! I can't watch him while I sleep and he is 3.5 pounds. I don't want him to kill himself in wires or soemthing. It's ridiculous to think a puppy is safe roaming free in a house. I don't leave my 9 month child roaming free and I am sure neither do you!
jfeefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!