View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
jfeefamily
Yorkie Talker

Confused It's REALLLY BAD

Ok folks...is it possible to get a dog who is untrainable?
We have tried EVERYTHING, and are ready to put the pup on craigslist. Yes, that is harsh, and I may hear some feedback from ya'll for it - but it's bad.
This dog can make it throughout the day in his crate when we are not home (safest place for the little guy when we are away.) no accidents. We feed him twice a day per a trainer (yes I paid for a trainer!!! and consulted with a show dog trainer as well), he gets no food after 5pm, and goes out several times up until 12 midnight. I set my alarm for 6am, but if I hear him earlier, I run him outside. He cries ALLLLL NIGHT LONG continuously. He doesn't cry to tell you he has to go, he cries after he has already gone. He soils his crate EVERY NIGHT - even if we take him out at 2am....he still soils the crate. When we leave him the kitchen - it's a mine field. He is 9 months old. His breeder kept him til he was just about 5 months. Told us he was trained....later we found out he was trained to go potty in an exerpen with other puppies being born. After discovering this....we put him in the crate for what we call ...Doggie boot camp to attempt to break the breeders bad habits it taught the dog.
We have tried more than I want to type. My husband and I love this dogs personality - he's great when we go camping. Happy little car rider too! But at home....we want to give him away! It's a nightmare. Yesterday, I let him out at 5am (he already peed everywhere in his crate - I took him off the deck, and when he came back up he kindly pooped on my door mat) I cleaned up the mess, and put him back in the crate so I could go back to sleep. I feed him at 7am. He cried and cried relentlessly until 7am. We had three doors closed and a TV on...and I could still hear him. This is a daily occurance either in the am or late at night.
He is not learning....doggie boot camp has been 45 days now and we have NEVER seen a dog that messes in his crate this way. Most of my friends and family who have dogs have never experienced this either.
We are desparate and on our last nerve. I really want "Shamus" to stay a part of our family but....I don't know what else to do. At this point, I need shock therapy to get the whinning out of my head. At night I think I hear it when he's not doing it! Ugh!
jfeefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!