Thread: Dog treats
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 06:48 AM   #7
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

I usually avoid store bought treats because most of them contain soy. At Petco they sell the Natural Balance Dog Food rolls and I buy the Lamb and Rice flavor. I just slice off a little of the roll and cut it up in bite size pieces. Most dogs are crazy about it. Also at Petsmart they sell the Pet Botanics Dog Food rolls that are just like the Natural Balance rolls but a little cheaper.

One inexpensive treat that my dogs are crazy about is egg noodles. I will cook up a batch of egg noodles, drain them and add a teaspoon of coconut oil to coat them. My babies go crazy over them. I just give them a few at bedtime. I keep them in a container in the refrigerator. Just make sure you buy the ones made with egg yolk and not the ones with made with egg white.

Other healthy treats mine get are little bites of raw carrot, steamed broccoli, squash or green beans. They also love a little sweet potato.

Of course if you dog has a weight problem it is best to go easy on the treats but the vegetables are the best choice if your dog has a weight problem.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!