View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 06:44 AM   #5
helenb
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdustmops View Post
It is so hard to tell with situtations like this because if she normally would pee where ever she wanted she probably wouldn't change since she was never taught to go outside. Are you 100% positive she is not going the bathroom somewhere in your house?

Did you take her to the vets for a complete checkup when you got her? If no then you probably should just so you have a starting point. I would guess her teeth are a mess but maybe not as I have one Yorkie that has beautiful teeth.

You are lucky that she seems very responsive to you and wants to make you happy but you will have to start from square one in potty training her.
We did take her to the vets he said she was in very good condition, although you are right her teeth are not in a great state, we are having her spade and at the same time the vet will clean her teeth possibly take one out that needs removing. She definately isnt peeing anywhere i am only allowing her in the livingroom with us and unless i can keep my eye on her or am cuddling her she is in the cage. I realise i am going to have to start from scratch and after a disastrous first night she is being taken out at regular intervals and i am writing all the times down. She is so sweet i really do feel very lucky, i think she was the smallest and a bit bullied by the other dogs. I really do apprecite your help and if you have any advice or tips i would love to hear them. Helen
helenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!