View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #6
jacksonsmum
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi again

That pen looks really nice.Seems a good size for your pup as long as he cant jump out

The best way I found is to keep him in his pen unless you are going to spend time with him and not leave him for a minute on his own. If you have to answer the door or something put him back in the pen. When he does a pee or poo on his pad then give him a tiny treat and lots of praise. He will soon learn what you want.Then after he go's that is a good time to spend with play time etc.

After a while you can start to give him a little more freedom but always have the pen near and the door open so he can go in on his own to do his business. and dont leave him on his own.If you are training for outside the best way is to start right away taking him out first thing in the morning and as much as you can all day.But if you are starting back to work then it would be maybe easier to just have him pee pad trained for now.

My pup is basically becoming outside and pee pad trained which I dont mind at all . He is starting to figure it out that it is ok to pee or poo on the pad and outside but not anywhere else.He is in no way totally trained though.

This is just how I have done it and it seems to work but there are a lot of others that might have better ideas.

Anyway good luck with him.

Last edited by jacksonsmum; 10-17-2009 at 02:49 PM.
jacksonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!