View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 07:24 AM   #33
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

That is great to hear that he's awake and alert. I know what you mean about the yelps, we had a few of those as we try to adjust Hot Rod. I got to the point that I would bundle a blanket in my arms and had him on top of that. My arms just didn't go far enough around him. Hubby didn't have any problems holding him though so he got the taking him out to potty duty when it was okay.

I think Hot Rod finally pooped 2 days after surgery. I wouldn't give him any sweet potato, it's just his body trying to get back into the swing of things, remember, he fasted before surgery too. We had to discontinue Hot Rod's pain meds after 3 days as it seemed to be upsetting his tummy. The doctor said that he still had a residual amount in his system. After a day he seemed to perk up some.

I am glad the collar is working out. It is so much easier for them to manuver (although I'm sure Moose is doing much of that yet) and to sleep in. Poor baby, I know just how much you wish you could hold him and just take all the pain away, it is heartwrenching but it will all be worth it. Trust me.

Oh having the blankets cradling him, Kalina82 told me that once he starts moving around, it may not be a good idea because he could get caught up in them and cause more harm than good. I would probably suggest just a crate pad or some type of flat pillow. I used a softer pillow from a bed. I did leave a small fleece blankie in with his as Hot Rod adores his fleece blankee. So you may want to make sure that his bedding isn't getting in the way. Give Moose a great big hug and lots of kisses from us.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!