Thread: Petsmart class
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 07:10 AM   #2
RoxyLuv
Donating YT 500 Club Member

All the classes & trainers in the world are not going to help until you decide to really get serious about the training. Classes are about training the human to train the dog. If you are not willing to be trained, why bother. You need to get beyond her cuteness & start laying down some rules, boundries & limitations. She demands her own way because you taught her that she can. You know the old saying. 'You reap what you sow'. I think you need help with this, but first you need to take a good hard look at the part you have played in this to start turning it around. It's probably not going to be easy.

You could get a clicker & use it around home. It may scare her less & would give her a chance to get accustomed to the sound. It's a good training method if you are willing to do the work. Some people use the clicker method but use words instead of the clicker. Get some books, dvds, search the internet for help in clicker training. Make the commitment to put in the time & effort it takes to do the training. The older Lily gets, the harder it will be to turn her around on behavior.

What have you done to socialize her around other people, dogs, locations, etc? Maybe that's why she was labeled 'timid'. I've not ever worked with a timid dog, so I don't know where to begin on that. Do you think she is timid?

I wish you luck & success!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!