View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #15
bently 1
Yorkie Yakker

Star Update on MHS puppy mill rescues

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliversMom View Post
You never know what serendipities may occur in the Shop n Save parking lot! That's where Oliver and I just met a very nice woman named Michelle who stopped to admire him. She told us that she has two female Yorkies -- and the younger one, Allie, is a rescue adopted from the Missouri Humane Society of St. Louis.

(You remember the story back in February: MHS raided a puppy mill in Greene County MO, where they found 92 Yorkies in deplorable conditions and brought them back to St. Louis. This story even found its way to Oprah!!)

Michelle says that Allie is doing just fine; still needy (of course) but adjusting nicely.

This was a special thrill for me, since Oliver and I enlisted YorkieTalk's help last spring to raise a donation for MHS through sales of our book. We thought that you, too, who responded so generously, would be happy to hear about Allie. Michelle was unaware was unaware of YT, but I'm hoping she'll join now and post some pix of Allie and her big sister!

Happy day to all --
Thank you for sharing the update about Allie and the wonderful fundrasier you had to help MHS with a donation. Hope that Michelle will join YK soon. Bently 1
bently 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!