View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #4
Dame
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deenie View Post
YAY, on both accounts, I didn't know they carried yarn, too!
Big lots carries a lot of awesome stuff, but its the luck of the draw sometimes. They usually have a bunch of craft/scrapbook stuff, and lately a lot of the martha stewart crafty stuff. I pretty much don't buy yarn anywhere else (usually nothing is over $1.50 each.) They always have a small selection of lion yarn, and I always see the extra fancy yarns like the confetti and funny furr there (I've never walked into a big lots that didn't have funny furr!). (If you are into yarn, I think most of them are stocking lot ends of the homespun lion, a bunch of the chenille, and the rest of the remnants of the huge lot of lion suede yarn they bulk bought ages ago. Big lots has also come out with their label yarn, plain, baby and something similar to the lion homespun - except its all acrylic and some of the colors are unique.)

I'm always watching their pet sections! They stock neat bowls sometimes, toys, chew bones, treats, collars, harnesses, leashes and usually some kind of dog sweater/coat/shirt/something. They always have something, but the quality on their new stuff to me is pretty astounding considering the price. If I had the money I could have easily bought Winston at least 5 gorgeous new sweaters and a couple coats and some nice t-shirts. All the ones I've been in always have a slew of dog beds (sometimes just the real basic ones) but I'm always on the look out because they carry some really awesome dog beds sometimes!

Back when our cat was still with us I always bought her things there, because the cat section always tends to have neat toys and name brand cat treats a lot of the time. (Selection tends to depend on the store though, and what sells out.)
Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!