View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 12:07 PM   #11
littlepixie12
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomo View Post
Reverse Sneezing (Pharyngeal Gag Reflex)
: Reverse Sneezing (Pharyngeal Gag Reflex) - VeterinaryPartner.com - a VIN company!

Here's Momo, he does this quite often when playing, drinking water, & if something is irritating his throat. YouTube I've also had his x-rays done (no sign of collapsing trachea), it can be quite frightening, but am used to it now. When he used to have longer hair, some of it used to go in his mouth (like 2-3" long!) & that would cause these sounds too. He would make these sounds on & off all night & I finally () checked the inside of his mouth & saw the hair. Once I pulled it out, he was ok & I keep his face hair shorter. Some toys will also make him do this.

Sometimes if it goes on for more than a few seconds, I cover his nose so he can swallow & it stops. Like mentioned above, gently rubbing the throat also helps. Unlike collapsed or collapsing tracheas, where rubbing the throat will cause the honking goose like sounds. The fact that it goes on for 5 mins is a little worrisome, please keep us posted on how it goes at the vet.
Hi there.. I was really curious to see your video because Maxi does the same thing, it lasts for less than a minute but he only seems to do it when he is super excited, like first thing in the morning when he sees me, it happens every morning. Anyway, I wanted to veiw your video to see if its the same noise/wheeze sound but it says that its private and I cant view.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!