Thread: Size Question.
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 11:34 AM   #15
Micah my love
Donating YT 100K Club Member & Top YorkieTalk Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsygal37 View Post
Hi. I'm placing my question under the breeder section in hopes some of you experienced breeders can help me out. I was placed with a little boy and at the time of placement was told she thought he would not reach over 4lbs. full grown. He is now 7 weeks and weighing over 2 lbs. It's a difficult situation. We have the full brother to this little guy. We rescued him last year and then tracked down the breeder who turned out to be a real nice lady who was very upset that he did not end up in the home she thought she sold him to. Anyway, short of the story is this is the mom's last litter and she offered me the smallest male which was offered to cheap enough to be considered a gift. And, she is in NC and will be bringing him to me free of charge to NJ. My concern is that this guy who we thought would be 4 lbs. will now end up being a teapot. I don't want to hurt anyone and I don't want to sound ungreatful, but my heart is with a smaller Yorkie. I'd be fine even if he turned out to be 6 lbs. or so but I have to be honest and say I'd be very disappointed should he turn out to be a larger Yorkie. Can any of you experienced breeders tell me what your guess would be with regard to size? Thanks. Elaine
Elaine i have a little male that is 6 wks and today he weighed 1.2 he comes from a long line of small yorkies that i have had & raised for several yrs.
and if he follows after all of the others he will be close to 4 lbs. so i would
guess on the little one that you have seen is gonna be over the standard
weight. if my heart was set on a smaller baby by all means wait until you find one even though i know you would love this one that you seen wait and make yourself happy with what you really want
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!