View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 09:14 AM   #10
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzetteb523 View Post
I love the yorkie breed, from what I have researched so far, but have never had one and do not know of anyone that has one to actually be around them to really know their personalities.

A friend of mine just told me that I need to rethink my decision on purchasing a yorkie (she really means well). She said they bark incessantly. Need more attention than the average dog and if left alone (for example when I have to go to work) can become insecure and skittish (although I do work for a dog-friendly company ). She also said they are not good apartment dogs. I have a pretty large (larger than most) two bedroom apartment with a back yard, part grass-part concrete, with a tall fence around it.

I want to hear thoughts from all of you because I know you know this breed!

Thank you for your help!
I have a yorkie, I also live in a Condo, and I also work M-F.( I do take him to work with me everyday) Your friend has some good points, but it is also how you raise your puppy. Peanut only will bark when he is playing and when someone knocks at the door. Our condo sounds smaller than yours it is only a 1 bedroom and I live with DH, and it works fine. He is only 4 lbs and has run of the house. I take him on long walks or sometimes If I didnt have time I will just play with him on the floor... Plus you said you had a little backyard with some grass... sounds perfect to me. I would say they do need a lot of attention. Peanut is VERY ATTACHED to me and they get like that with their owners, but I think you learn to balance it. You sound like you would be a great yorkie MOM. I think you would be better off researching some more, and talking to us ( people that have yorkies) and make your choice from that. Good luck and let us know what happens!!

P.S I say go for it too!!

Last edited by lovespandp; 10-15-2009 at 09:15 AM.
lovespandp is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!