View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 08:40 PM   #12
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

All the best for tommorrow! I would think that having Moose staying at the hospital would be a good thing and your surgeon would have no objection to having him stay. As much as I wanted to have Hot Rod home with me, I felt much better knowing that he was being watched and looked after-after surgery. I think I called at least 3 x or so through the night. I am sure they were saying, "that crazy mom is on the phone again!" lol Then I think I called 7:05 am (that said to call back at 7) just because I didn't want them to think I was overanxious. But I have to say, each time I called they took the time to talk with me and kept me updated of anything going on, whether ee was awake, sleeping, fussing and so on. They helped alleivate my anxiety.

I am sure Moose will do fine and be back home in no time! (easy for me to say, I totally understand what you are going thru, hugs) In our case (1 leg done) our surgeon said we allow him an area of 3 x 3 at the most. Carrying him out to potty and back. I also was able to allow Hot Rod to stay on a table next to me on the sofa--I put his harness on him and leashed him with a neck lanyard and had that wrapped around my wrist to keep him close. This allowed him to be with us in the evenings and keep him still too. I think that I held him for the first week as much as I could.

Definitely listen to what your surgeon tells you as for his recuperation-if you have someone going with you to pick Moose up let them do the listening or plan on writing down what your surgeon has to say, trust me, once Moose is back your arms, your attention will be all on him.

Good luck tomorrow and I will be keeping you and Moose in my thoughts and prayers. feel free to pm if you want. Hugs, Bo
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!