View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 04:48 PM   #7
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH View Post
Thanks for the notes on physical therapy! I didn't know you could start that soon. Hopefully Moose will let us do it.

Yes I hope Moose will be able to stay overnight even though the procedure is being done very early am. Surely the surgeon won't argue with me if I want him to!

I have a crate from when Moose was a puppy, I'll get it out and try it with him...use the crate just for a few days..or a weeks or so?
the surgery may be early morning but recovery afterwards can be tough. where i was the patients would have pain meds in their IV bags so that alone required them to stay over night. they would stay on their fluids from surgery time till 2 am then be switched over to regular fluids. it helped a lot with pain right after surgery. the surgeon should let him stay if you want him to but he'll most likely charge you for it. i wouldn't care tho.

as far as the crate goes, our instructions required them to be in there for weeks. x-pens can also be used if they aren't jumpers or climbers. no standing up on the back legs only.

i've seen a lot of different recovery ways here on YT. of course i prefer the instructs of the surgeons i worked with tho . i just saw their methods every day for a few years and saw the results so i know it works very well. talk to your vet someone. he should call after the surgery. if your just dropping off tomorrow you probably won't talk to him, and you may not talk to him when you pick up either. the tech's might do the intake and discharge.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!