View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
rhogem
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Unhappy What is wrong with my Yorkie?

I just got a Yorkie on Saturday from my cousin, her name is Pixie. She'll be a year old around December. Well, so far we've gotten her to pee outside (I gave her treats and praise) but she won't poop out there. I put the poop she did in the house out in the grass as suggested by my Aunt.
Secondly, it was raining outside today and she started dragging her rear end in the grass (she did this in the house too) and my bf said she might have worms. She didn't do this at all within the past few days til now. I checked her latest poop and it didn't have anything in it that I could see.

So, I googled what is wrong and came up with either it's her anal glands needing expressed or she's in heat. She dragged in the kitchen and it was a brownish stain so IDK what is going on, whether it's anal gland secretion, heat blood or just from her butt being wet (would they drag it to dry it out?) I gave her a bath yesterday because she was smelly (even though my Aunt said she gave her one on Saturday before she brought her over.)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to get her to poop outside (instead of in the living room or in the kitchen) and tell me why she's dragging her butt and what I can do about it?
rhogem is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!