View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 05:10 AM   #12
_Chrissy_
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Max ate EVO small bites when he was a puppy. The company said it was a good all life stages food and his vet (also a breeder) said it was good kibble.

I think Solid Gold Wee Bits maybe all life stages as well as Natural Balance Ultra in Small Bites. Not sure if Wellness Small Breed (small size bites) is all life stages but you could ask the company.

That being said...I have researched dog food until my mind is going "crazy" and blue in the face -LOL
There is not a brand out there that I have found that does not have SOME issue going on with it now or had in the past.
TOTW, NB, Solid Gold, Chicken Soup, ... all the ones with fish meal coming out of the diamond plant are being said as having a preservative that may cause cancer.
Other companies such as EVO and Wellness people have complained about small hairs or tiny bones being found in the food. Sorry but in my opinion we are talking about "dogs"...in the wild they eat bones and hair. If you feed raw chicken wings they are eating bones. Right?
Wellness and other companies are being sued for their "Human Grade" food claims. It's dog food! I would not eat it.
I hope you get my point.
Every food has SOMETHING someone does not like.
Feed your dog what he likes and you feel comfortable with.
There are many here who feed Royal C food. I'm ok with that. It is THEIR dog.
Right now I am feeding Wellness Small Breed & NB Ultra Formula Small Bites.
The other Wellness Foods pieces seem to big for my 7 lb boy and he acted like he was not getting enough food.

When I was growing up my German Shepard ate Purina Dog Chow and lived a healthy life until she was almost 14 and had a severe stroke.
I think we worry more about food than our dogs do-LOL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!