Thread: Size Question.
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Size Question.

Hi. I'm placing my question under the breeder section in hopes some of you experienced breeders can help me out. I was placed with a little boy and at the time of placement was told she thought he would not reach over 4lbs. full grown. He is now 7 weeks and weighing over 2 lbs. It's a difficult situation. We have the full brother to this little guy. We rescued him last year and then tracked down the breeder who turned out to be a real nice lady who was very upset that he did not end up in the home she thought she sold him to. Anyway, short of the story is this is the mom's last litter and she offered me the smallest male which was offered to cheap enough to be considered a gift. And, she is in NC and will be bringing him to me free of charge to NJ. My concern is that this guy who we thought would be 4 lbs. will now end up being a teapot. I don't want to hurt anyone and I don't want to sound ungreatful, but my heart is with a smaller Yorkie. I'd be fine even if he turned out to be 6 lbs. or so but I have to be honest and say I'd be very disappointed should he turn out to be a larger Yorkie. Can any of you experienced breeders tell me what your guess would be with regard to size? Thanks. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!