View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
enchilila
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Default Kennel cough shot, vaccinations & grooming question

Hello everyone! I now have had my "Little Betty Boop" for 5 days. I haven't posted pictures because my camera is not working at the moment. She is 14-1/2 weeks old and weighs in at 2.4 lbs.

1. I want to get her groomed because she looks a little shaggy. The breeder gave her 3 rounds of vaccinations, but the vet said she should have another round at 16 weeks old.....He said studies have shown that the shots do not last a complete year unless the puppy has had a round at 16 weeks old. What are your thoughts?

2. Do I need to get her kennel cough before I take her to get groomed? The groomer's pets are all vaccinated for kennel cough and she said she makes sure that no one comes into her shop that has a sneezing and coughing dog. She also said she would trim the ears to try and help her hold them up. If she was any cuter, I don't think I could stand it!!!!

3. I also found an holistic dog food at Petco called Nutro Ultra. The first ingredient is Chicken Meal, Whole Brown Rice, Ground Rice, Rice Bran, Lambb Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Fat, soybean oil, fruits, veggies, etc etc. Anyone heard of this?

Thanks for your input!
enchilila is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!