View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 01:26 PM   #1
Lady of Yorkies
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Announcement: We have puppies!!!!

I wasn't sure where to post this so I'll post here and hope I don't get scolded.

I don't know how this happened, Lady was to my count only 53 days. She had 3 girls and 2 boys, in that order. The boys didn't make it. The girls are doing ok for now, very good lungs, very vigorous in their movements. Not as much hair as Matty and her brother had when they were born. Now, those of you who were here when Lady had her last litter remember that boy also died. Does anyone think there might be a problem with Lady having boys? I don't know, but I thought about it and I have never heard of such a thing but I thought I'd throw it out and see if anyone had any knowledge about a situation like that.

Both boys were born dead, the first boy had a white tongue and I didn't hold out much hope for us to revive him. He cooled very quickly. While my husband handled him, some of his little skin peeled away. I wonder if he wasn't done "cooking" yet. The second boy was also born not breathing but his tongue was pink except at the edges. We worked and worked on him, must have been at least an hour and a half. He was very, very warm when I picked him up. Lady had broken the bag but left him. I think she knew he was beyond reviving, maybe it was the taste of the fluid in the bag. We tried blowing into his little mouth and nose. Didn't help. He stayed warm a long time, his little tongue stayed pink a long time. I thought maybe he was staying warm and his little tongue was staying pink because of my handling of him. I thought that if I was causing his blood to pump and I kept it up maybe he'd come around. He didn't. I gave up and gave him to my husband and had him work on him a while longer but it didn't work out.

All three girls are under 4 ounces. The first and third look like twins, each has a tiny white blaze on their chest. The third puppy has a slightly bigger blaze. They are about 3.5 oz and the middle girl is bigger tho not much. Enough that you can see the difference. She weighs about 3.75 oz. My scale doesn't read very well between ounces. But you can see that the middle girl weighed more.

Since I know Lady bred on the 11th of Sept. and Autumn was bred the next day, I have been very worried about Autumn and keeping a close eye on her. Her puppies still feel very small, they feel less than 4 inches.

Lady's puppies felt huge. I was so worried that she'd have one that was too big for her pelvis. Maybe she and Pirogue throw small babies, doesn't mean they'll stay small.

I wished and wished for a large litter, guess I should also have added a live litter, huh? Right now we are calling them Lady 1, Lady 2 and Lady 3. Please everybody, say a quick little prayer that they will be ok, since I am afraid they maybe a little premature.

So I am the proud grandma of 3 new little girls. Sylvia
Lady of Yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!