View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #14
Sweet Apple
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I don't really know anything about the neuter procedure, since I have a female, and have not had a male dog neutered...But Apple has two retained baby teeth (canine upper), and the Vet said it was o.k. to wait until she was a year old, then they would need to come out...She's almost a year old, and they still haven't come out...My dilemma is I really wanted to wait until she was 18 months old to have her spayed...this was just my decision based on information regarding maturity, hormones, and things like that...I remember when you lost your little one, and it was very sad...I don't think this is the norm, but a very very unfortunate incident...And it is, no doubt, an easier procedure w/a male...Some even say that if you don't mind dealing w/an unaltered male dog, it's not the end of the world...Of course, you have to make that decision...Having said all that, from what I've heard, it will be o.k. to wait another five months for those baby teeth, and, perhaps, they'll fall out by then...I know this is a tough one for you, and I just wish you all the best....
Sweet Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!