Thread: Hawk
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 07:11 AM   #1
Casey's Mom
Yorkie Talker

Lightbulb Hawk

Hello You wont believe this. I remember just a few days ago the predator warnings that you shared. And because we live in the country with several acres of woods and lakes, I realized I had to keep a even closer eye on casey than I allready was. Thank goodness I was because I walked out with him sun morning and as I did I spotted a huge hawk. It was hunting near the lake, they love big frogs and snakes.. well he flew away. I thought. Then I walked over to the big willow tree just to realize he was right above us. Wow.. I really never thought it would be that close. This guy was probably the biggest hawk I have ever seen up here. As he flew over you could see his full wing span and hear the sound of his wings fan against the air. He had a huge wing span. I would guess that it was close to 4 ft. No kidding! I scooped up casey and came inside. As I told my husband about what had just happened he reminded me that since we live so close to the wabash river we also have a golden eagle population as well. Man I still cant get over this happening right after I was talking with you guys. So everybody please dont take your eyes off these guys for a minute. I have seen these big birds catch something in a blik of a eye almost. I love to watch the birds they are majestic and beautiful. I believe that they are even sacred. (native american, my background) However I dont want my little lion to be lunch.
Casey's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!