View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 08:47 AM   #7
Dara311
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygracesmom View Post
hi, just wondering what could be going on with ella... she was covered for the first time ever with lots of fleas.. prob 20 or so! we've never had this problem & she's on the k-9advantix every month. i've never even bathed with flea shampoo or used flea spray. the advantix always seemed to work until now! i also gave her the capstar pill i believe it's called. now she's digging at her skin & scratching behind her ears & her neck, but when i check her there is not a flea anywhere to be seen. could this be an allergy to the flea shampoo & spray? also this is a crazy question, but will dogs always have at least a flea or 2 on them? thanks for your help... this has been the best informative website ever! esp for a worry wart like me
I would tell you to call your vet. I gave Fiona capstar as well, and the vet gave me prednosone (steroid) to help her with the itching, it could be a mixture of the both. I have been battling with fleas as well, and we finally have it under control--poor fiona was really itching and messing up her skin! Good Luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!