View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 03:00 AM   #12
orlnurse
♥Max & Lily♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH View Post
You're probably seeing my name a lot as I've been posting frequently about Moose and LP lately...but I had to ask this question too!

I posted a thread about our tick problem a little while back and just wanted to give an update and ask for more help!

After finding many many ticks on Moose (but none engorged) we took a trip to the vet and got Vectra, which, according to our veterinarian is a really great preventitive for ticks. We applied the Vectra two weeks ago and it is supposed to be applied once a month. It repels and kills ticks.

However, this Wednesday, I found 2 more ticks on Moose! Later that night, as I was putting him to bed, I noticed these huge greenish/grayish things in his bed... they were HUGE fully engorged ticks- 3 of them!!

Thursday- I pulled another small tick from Moose's leg.

Friday- I pulled a big engorged tick from him!!

I am thoroughly digusted and so upset that it seems the Vectra is not working at all! And I am worried for Moose's health and our own...I found a tick on myself as well!

Anyone in Florida experiencing this? Moose has never had a tick in his entire life until now. Just want something that works!

Thanks everyone!
LBH,
I'm from FL as well and I've been having a tick problem this summer. I too, live in a townhome community and I'm unable to treat the grass. I presented the problem to the HOA and it was denied after they investigated the cost. We started out with Vetra and I was finding ticks left and right. After the 2nd month, I realized it wasn't working and got a refund. I started Max on K9 Advantix and I' finding less. I've found one so far after having him on the Advantix for 3 months.

Lesley, Maximilian & Lily Rae
orlnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!