View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #15
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorkieMomii View Post
I will definitely get something to line the bottom, probably a rubber mat. It is a very deep white acrylic sink that is textured slightly on the bottom so it isn't slippery, I think she doesn't like the drain plug so that will get covered by the mat. As for treats we do that, sometimes she takes them sometimes she won't. I use a pull out sprayer on the soft spray, I do head last(though I like the idea of doing the head first, reason being she never gets a proper face wash because by the end I don't want to keep stressing her out, also she actually likes when i fuss with her face and clean her eyes and ears, she usually falls asleep). I mix her shampoo in a cup full of water and just poor it all over her then rub her down then rinse. Sometimes I have filled the sink and began with just placing her in. She is then soaked instantly and i drain the water, pour on the soap, scrub and rinse. It is much faster and she does tolerate it better but it takes a lot of water to fill the sink and I feel wasteful because she is so small and the water is only in there for 30 secs. I like the idea of the harness attached with a leash to the tap. She has pretty good leash manners so this may help. Thanks for the suggestions, I will try some of these for sure and hope for the best.
You said she likes her head and face done, so doing it first may help calm her down to begin with. Also, if a dog has fleas, the head should be done first and I leave a ring of suds around the neck just below the ears, till the end of the bath and final rinse. This prevents fleas on the body from running up to the head as they try to escape.

Some dogs have fear of standing in water. I plug the sink but let the water gradually fill up so their feet can soak a bit, but then pull the plug prior to the final rinse with a sprayer...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!