View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Joey was acting weird Sunday night, there was some shaking and we went to bed early, he just couldn't get comfortable in bed and every few minutes would find a new spot; no vomiting or diarrhea, and food hadn't changed. He walked hunched over, and he was licking his mustache a lot, (I guess this can indicate nausea), but the main symptom was the moving every few minutes. We took him to the vet Monday, and he didn't know what was wrong, he said it sounded like he had pain in his stomach, and we were to continue to give him some Pepcid, 1/4 of a 10mg pill, 2 times a day. Most of his symptoms were gone by the time we got him to the vet, and by Tuesday he was fine. The vet said that some of the things that could cause this would be fire ant bites or scorpion bites, or eating something strange, we really didn't see any bites and don't know what caused it, but when you described her symptoms it reminded me a little of Joey. The Pepcid seemed to help Joey, I gave him his first dose Sunday night before I saw the vet, and it took about a hour before he seem to have some relief, but it took about 5 hours before he settled down and could sleep.
Yea she seems uncomfortable, like she is trying to find a more comfy spot, but can't find one, so I'm thinking soemthing is hurting? She has not been outside, so I doubt its a bug bite. She started doing it last night in the shop after a customer came in. She usually likes this person. We were talking and Uni was getting mad we were ignoring her. She started barking like mad, then gave up, that's when she started trotting around.

Oh then I group of teenagers came in, you know how I love teenagers They were standing around towards the back of the shop and when they left I saw a wad of green chewed up gum on the ground and Uni I think licked it. For sure she sniffed it, b/c she found it, that's how I found it. But she was acting weird before the gum, so IDK
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!