View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #11
Godislove
Senior Yorkie Talker

$700.00!!! for neutering? Wow that's steep. I hate to ask what the LP surgery is costing.

I live in CA and my vet is only charging around $250.00 and that includes four teeth being pulled. Maybe I should check around at the costs. Perhaps I should be concerned if others charge a lot more.

When I was in Texas visiting, I had to take him in and they quoted a high end of around $400. and low end of $200. It depended on what all needed to be done and just the necessary things.

But I am getting a lot done here and now I am going to check into this further.

Yes, I would agree this does not look normal. Sometimes Yorkies have blackish bellies and it goes away. Haven't heard about it on testicles. Your vet can tell you if it's normal or what it is and if it is serious, yes, I would have him neutered at the same time.

From what I have learned, the neutering is much less harder on him than the LP surgery of course. In neuter's, it's hard to keep the little guys down after a couple days cause the pain must go away. It IS a simple nip and tuck type procedure these days with all the new technology.

I wish you and your little guy the best and God's blessings on you both.

Last edited by Godislove; 10-10-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Godislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!