View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #11
Godislove
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ging4444 View Post
I have waited to neuter him because he is only 4 pounds and so thin. He has had a few episodes with low blood sugar in the mornings and I am scared to death to have him go all those hours without eating. He eats very well but as soon as he eats he runs around like crazy with my other yorkie and I guess burns it all off.
Sorry, forgot to add: naturesvariety.com. The canned food they have is high in protein because it is mostly meat. The rice gives extra carbs to help him gain weight. They have a store locator where you put your zip code in and they'll tell you. It isn't that expensive either and they digest it better.

They are prone to low blood sugar from what I've been told. I was told to always have Nutra-cal(sp?) on hand a a couple cans of Little Ceasers dog food. If he ever acts lethargic or low on energy, the nutra cal bought in a tube, help for a quick pick me up and if he won't eat, they usually will ear Little Ceasar's. It's not a food I would give except in emergencies.

Just an FYI. If there are other suggestions from others or if I am incorrect, please give input.
Godislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!