View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 12:24 AM   #15
Chelsey
My2Pearls Chelsey & Chanel
YT Donator

In october 2003 we lost the last 1 of our 3 yorkies and i swore then.. i NEVER want another dog, the hurt and pain of loosing them was just too much for us, my husband agreed we would never have another dog... my son of 13 years old asked if we could have a bunny if we dont have another dog, both my husband and myself agreed to the bunny ... he missed Sanya ( the yorkie ) so much... the bunny is loved and runs around the house and is even potty trained, really cute.... then one day i woke up and all i could think of was a chocolate brown lab pup... kept putting it out of my mind coz we are NOT having another dog!... that afternoon i was talking to my friend but this lab pup kept rushing through my mind, it made me feel sad coz my mind told me NO but my heart was weak, i told my friend what was on my mind and she suggested i phone my husband... after doubting to cut the topic with him i decided to wait and speak to him when he gets home....
Very bravely i asked him what he thinks of a lab pup and his answer was too prescious... he said: if thats what u really want then we get one, ive been thinking about it too but was affraid to tell u....
that same day we called all the lab breeders in the area and found one about an hours drive away... we had an appointment with the breeder the next day, i was so nervous but husband stayed cool headed, when i saw Dounia i knew she was meant for us, but to crown it all... this breeders wife breeds yorkies and they had a litter of 2 weeks old... my heart was pounding and my husband looked at me and said: Maybe in time to come u will be ready again for a little baby... anyhow, we took Dounia home, she means the world to me and we love her dearly, but she was alone, allthough im at home all day i felt that she needed a playmate so i called "dogs in need" and they had a Cocker spaniel of 3 years old that was pining for her owners, i wanted to give that dog another chance + she would be a friend for Dounia, we needed to get the papers in order to get her schipped over from Spain, few days later the woman from "dogs in need" called me to tell me that the Spaniel had passed
That day my husband said: Maybe u dont want to hear this, but why dont we get a yorkiebaby they can grow up together ... told him i needed time to think it over, few days later i gave him the go ahead and we started to look for breeders, made an appointment to go and see the litter.. we had pick of the litter which made it VERY difficult, we took Dounia along to see the little ones and after a few cups of coffee at the breeder we decided on Chelsey...
i can tell u that they both have filled up such emptyness, allthough we tied down and cant go to all the places we used to go but they are a blessing, now i wouldnt have it any other way....
so yes... i think in my case its filled up empty holes of caring for something, my son is 13 years old and he doesnt want me to go coochy coochy over him anymore lol
My dogs are spoilt but they are worth every dime and more

sorry for this long boring post... but it feels good to type it off me
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!