Thread: Sad News
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 06:30 PM   #10
Ringo1
Ringo (1) and Lucy too!
Donating Member

I'm not knowledgeable about liver shunt; she just assured me that had there been even a small chance of her getting well; she would not have put her down. I knew liver shunt was bad but I didn't know it was a death sentence, I guess.

She then said that the other girl was now mine; I paid a deposit some time ago with the understanding that I had a choice to make.

To be honest, I hadn't thought about not purchasing the sibling - food for thought. They did have different Mother's if that makes any difference. Same father.

Thanks for your kind thoughts. My son is very sad; he had her picture printed out and was all ready for her to come home.

I will need to do some thinking. I know that I do have an opportunity to have the other girl checked by my vet within that first week. I already have her food bowls; crate; toys . . . .

She seems very nice and very sad over this whole thing. I went to her house twice; it is definitely no puppy mill. She has a few yorkies and 2 females that she breeds. They live in her house; not out back in some shed . . . . I'm hoping this is just a very unlucky accident.

I will give her a call and talk with her. I've waited so long for the right yorkie; searched until I found a breeder I liked . . . . well - you know how I feel. I definitely did not rush into this; I waited for one of her pups - months - because she seemed so right.

Thank you for your advice. I will be keeping it in mind.
Ringo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!