View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #36
twalla
I ♥ my Furheathens
Donating Member

Just quoting this so people can see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twalla View Post
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We have been home for a little while now but I had to get him situated and work notified.

Sam threw up about 12:20 I guess (The time has all ran together now), it was mushy but nothing out of the ordinary. I honestly didnt think twice about it, dogs throw up from time to time so I tried not to panic. Then a few minutes later, he did it again but it was just liquid. He started making a horrible sound when he was gagging. So I started going through the house picking up bowls of food and water, checking them out - Martin was not sick. He is still throwing up.

Sam had his lil tail tucked and when I went to pick him up, he was very hot to the touch. So I went to the back room and there was this little (no bigger than my pinkie) slithering looking thing. I immediately thought omg, this is a baby snake and its bit Sam. Well just as I thought that Sam comes through looking foamy at the mouth and disoriented. So I grabbed that thing put it in a baggie, picked up Sam and Martin and headed to the vet.

We got out there and of course both dogs are freakin out. Ever since Charlie, they just freak when we head that way. The vet and his help confirmed that the thing was not a snake but some type of lizard of some sort. We all checked Sam out and he had not been bit by anything. I had also wondered if he got stung by a scorpion, I havent seen one in a while but you never know. I never heard him yelp tho and we checked him from head to toe. No bite marks or red spots ANYWHERE.

He took blood, all came back normal. His temp came down while we there. We dont know what happened. He thinks he probably got into something that didnt agree with him and needed to get it up. He said that his continous throwing up could have made him seem disoriented, dizzy. He never showed anymore signs of foaming or dizzines while we were there. His heart rate was up a bit but said that was mainly bc I was in a state of panic/he was in a panic.

We stayed for a couple hours and no more vomiting. He cant have any food tonight just to make sure his stomach is clear and not upset. So I will give him some boiled chicken in the morning.

I appreciate everyones thought and prayers. I am very lucky to have such a great YT family!!! I just panic anytime he is sick, PANIC!!! My vet always suggests I take something and reminds me that me panicking NEVER helps Sam. Yes I know that but I cant help it. And I try to talk to Sam like, oh Sam momma's not nervous as my voice is quivering and tears rolling down. Sam probably thinks Im a nutcase and saying, Yea right!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!