View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
hollyb
Yorkie Yakker

Cry please help us....

Hi everyone. My husband & I are at our wits end, & honestly don't know what to do. We have a baby on the way, & I have some concerns about how hard it is going to be taking care of a newborn, & the situations with our dog. Here is a little history: We got our yorkie 4 years ago. She is definitely our baby. She is 95% potty trained...she usually only has accidents when her schedule/routine has been changed. We crate her during the day when we are at work, & she does just fine(meaning she doesn't go potty in her crate). We have been crating her for over a year now, & everytime we put her in there, she barks like crazy...EVERYTIME. She hates the crate. She hides under the bed, runs away, anything to avoid it....which brings me to our next problem....At night, she has been getting down from our bed (yes she sleeps with us) & if it is storming or sometimes for no reason, she pees & poops all over our bedroom (we keep the door shut so she can't have the run of the house). She also shakes & gets up & down off the bed a million times. She also does this if she is ready for us to be awake & we aren't. She has been doing this more often & I am losing my mind because I am not getting any sleep, & I don't want to sleep in the guest room away from my husband because a dog is controlling our lives. I was thinking about starting to crate her at night, but don't know if it is too late to start that. I am also afraid that she will just bark continuously & not ever get used to it (like she does with the day crating). I know that I cannot continue to have a dog keeping me up all hours of the night, especially with a baby on the way. Once the baby is here, I will be a stay at home mom, & she won't be spending near the amount of time she is now in the crate. I know having her in there during the day & night is a lot, but I feel like she has too much freedom. Would I keep the crate in our room or another one? Any advice is welcome. Thank you so much.
hollyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!