View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #9
JasmineNoelle
YT 2000 Club Member

I just looked at Libbie's Album, what a precious little angel! It is sooooooooo easy to spoil them when they are so cute.
We potty trained both our girls using the crate training method. This is what our vet suggested and it worked very well. However, our toy poodle was easier to potty train than our yorkie. Jasmine, our darling little yorkie is 9 1/2 months old now and for awhile I too thought she would never be house broken, but she finally has gotten the hang of it. When she wasn't in her crate, or out side for potty break, the only room she was allowed in was the den so I could always keep an eye on her.... and it worked. Now she can run around the house. As for feeding our girls, the vet told us to NEVER feed them from our plates and we just don't do it, so that way they don't beg, but they do get special treats, like carrots, etc. The vet also told us to always place their food bowls in their individual crates and that is where they have always eaten and their water is there also. I know you will get plenty of good advice on this site, I know I have.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!