View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #15
TishaMoon
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekie's mom View Post
Maybe you could get her a cat to keep her company. My Zeke loves cats, and I think he would rather have a cat companion than a dog. You could get one from a Humane Society that is older and likes dogs. I don't think a kitten would be good, since you are not home. It might also be good to get one that has already been declawed.
I have a cat. I had her long before Bailey. Unfortunately, Bailey gets so hyper excited over the cat she just goes crazy, jumps on her, bites off clumps of her fur, etc. So the cat is terrified of Bailey and stays far away. Although every day when I get home the cat is downstairs so at least Bailey can see her (through her gate).

Also, her accidents are not right when I come home so I don't think it's nervousness or excitement. I eventually want to replace my carpet with hard wood, but my house is brand new (so of course the carpet WAS too) and I'm single, paying my mortgage and bills on my own, so I won't manage that for a while.

I know carpet is an issue when you're using pee pads because they're similar. Bailey definitely had the idea that carpet wasn't okay in the past. Rugs were a different matter and I had to take those out a while ago because they'd also be too tempting to her. I'm also not sure it's an issue with her going back to where a smell was, because she's all over the place. She doesn't keep going in the same spot(s).

I think I just need to get her going outside, but I just don't even know how to begin, especially when taking her outside is an ordeal and she'll eat things she shouldn't have and then won't come inside when I want her to. Plus she'll stay out there for a long time and just not go.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!