View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #7
TXGirl
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Apple View Post
I know what you are going through, and I don't think he's doing it on purpose...My solution may not be an option, for you, but I'm going to tell you what worked for me...I was getting nowhere w/Apple and the housebreaking, and going totally insane about it all...The miracle stuff doesn't really work, because there's always the "temptation" smell there...It only takes a micropscopic drop of urine for them to smell the "place", and you can't get it out of the carpet padding...I think the longer you are potty training, the more the temptation is there, because there are more and more pees there...I finally got fed up, had the carpet taken out and had really cheap laminate floor put down...I didn't go nuts, when she had an accident, and I took her out regularly....Within two weeks she was housebroken!!!! Honestly, I think it's the carpet that makes them go...Now I do have to admit, I come home, after about 6 or 7 hrs. and let her out...I work 10 minutes from here, and get 1/2 hr. for lunch...They think I'm nuts, at work, because I rush home, wiz my dog, and rush back, but hey, she's housebroken!!!! She's almost a year old and weighs 5 lbs., so after her first birthday, I'm going to hold my breath, not come home, and see if she can make it 8 1/2 hrs....Good luck, and I hope you can do what I did.....
Oh, I think you are on to something. The only time Gracie has an "accident" she does it on the carpet. Never on the tile floors in the kitchen or bathrooms. I can't wait to get this carpet pulled up... Very good suggestion!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!