View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
TishaMoon
YT Addict

Angry Peeing on Purpose!

I am at my wit's end with this dog! Bailey caught on to using the potty pads very soon after I brought her home. She had a couple accidents here and there, but mostly great. I'm a teacher, and I bought her in April when I had 5 weeks off to train her. Then when I went back to work my mom was coming over during the day to babysit her for a few hours a day. Then summer vacation. She was great over summer. Well trained and behaved.

But then I went back to work. My mom can no longer come over every day, and Bailey is alone for about 8-9 hours a day, except weekends. I know it's a long time, but I try to leave her a lot of interactive toys and things and she's always seemed fine. Except that since I went back to work she seems to be completely acting out. She's peeing all over. I've gone through way more Nature's Miracle in the last 2 months than I ever did when she was a puppy! I know she's got to be doing it on purpose because she's going more often than she needs to and she's turning in circles while she goes to make as big a mess as possible! I usually just tell her NO and put her in her playpen for a few minutes. She does still go on her pads most of the time, but the "accidents" are driving me crazy! I just got home from work 20 minutes ago, almost immediately she went on the carpet. A few minutes after I let her out of "jail" she did it again! She's almost 9 months and I would have thought by now I could let her have run of the house while I'm gone, but I have to keep her in the kitchen.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??? I seriously entertain the idea of rehoming her sometimes. I don't think I ever would/could, but I'm SO frustrated! I really want to get her outdoor trained, but I don't know if that's feasible when I'm not home most of the day.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!