View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
PrincessDiana
I ♥ Franklin & Maggie
Donating Member

Keep in mind there are millions (and I literally mean millions) of bacteria in your home, no matter how clean you are. They are a part of our daily lives. In fact, there are more bacterial cells in your body than there are other "human" cells; our digestive system is considered one of the most advanced and complex ecosystems in the universe. We probably track in tons of e.coli and salmonella from our shoes and things like that. I am not trying to freak you out, just make you realize it's not that big of a deal

We try our best to disinfect counters, sink faucets, door handles etc. after preparing raw and also keep the dogs in a contained space while they are eating so they do not drag food all over the house. However, besides wiping off their paws and beards with a wet washcloth (we feed prey model so they can get yucky), that's all we do. Just use common sense: clean up after preparing and the dogs eat and then keep an eye out for possible contamination. Everybody should wash their hands before eating and after playing with the dogs. Maybe you can set up a special area for your kids to play where the dogs (and their toys) cannot go? Like others above me said, many people have fed raw for years with no problems of illness.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!