View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #8
BellaRose55
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Pies 1st overnight stay @ the vet - along night!!

My pumpkin just spent his first night @ the vets.
He was having loose stools, throwing up, shaking and I could tell he had a fever. His tongue was even hot. I was told he has the flu. He also had yellow matting in his eyes.
Ever time I take him to the vet he suggests that Pie eat Gerber Graduates "Lil - Sticks", which are chicken like vienna weinies found in the grocery store in the baby department. He keeps these down fine. The vet has also suggested I put Pie on Pedigree healthy digestion. He also enjoys Royal Canin for Yorkies. Sometimes I boil his chicken but he tires of that quickly. Maybe he will stop eating bugs and I can start switching between Pedigree and boilded chicken? Trial and error. I'd love to leave out the error because they can get so sick, so very, quickly.
After joining this site and reading your shared wisdom I may change his food but it will have to be a slow process as his stomach is extremely sensitive.
Seems they are fine one minute and sick the next. It is scary when it happens on the weekend and there is no emergency vet to contact.
Pie is at home now and sleeping like the little angel he is. Glad to be aboard.
BellaRose55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!