View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
AprilLove
My Three Hearts
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMarie View Post
My Poppy is five months old and we have our share of problems with her, all that were to be expected.

She is impossible to house train, I go through more puppy pads than I ever thought I would. This is very hard, but controllable for me. Lots of enzyme cleaner is always on hand, since our place is entirely carpeted.

The problem is, I have suffered with incurable insomnia for twenty years. I get very little sleep and when I do get sleep, it is extremely precious.

If Poppy is not sleeping, I am not allowed to sleep. These are her rules. She barks and barks and barks until I get up and tend to her. It is *SO* annoying.

On the weekends, when my husband is home, he often tells me to go nap when I feel I can sleep and no matter what, she will bark and bark and bark until I am there again. He plays with her, tries to bribe her with treats...we've tried the water-bottle thing (which by the way she thinks is a fun game and highly enjoys) and also the coins in a can thing.

HELP!!!

Are there any solutions to this or am I just stuck without sleep? Will she calm with age, or is this a habit that will not go away?

THANKS!!!

She is still veeeery young It will get better, really And when it does, you will look back at this time and it say it was all worth it
Patience and consistency with the potty training, don't give in easily when she demands things (lol, I know how that is ) and one day you will all of a sudden realize your little girl has grown up and wonder where your puppy went Enjoy the experience of raising her and training her, give her love and she'll give it back ten-fold
AprilLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!