View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Potty training.... she's got WAY too much freedom. She needs to be confined to a small area of the house, either in an ex-pen or a crate, or a gated off room w/ tile or she will never understand. You need to start ALL over again if she's going all over the place. Clean all your carpets with an enzyme cleaner so she's not attracted to those spots anymore. When you can't keep your eye on her 24/7, she's in a pen or a crate. Take her out every hour when you are home. When she goes outside, praise and treat like CRAZY!! When you leave the house, she must stay in her crate or ex-pen. Gradually increase the amount of space she has as she gets more trustworthy. Confinement, consistency, and schedule and patience are VERY important in potty training.

Human food should stop. I have no room to talk on this one, as Jackson gets people food and is a terrible begger. But I know what I'm doing wrong and just haven't taken action on it yet! LOL. It's difficult when he's constantly around a 5 year old and a 2 year old who give/drop food all the time, ha. But if your the only one with her most of the time this will be much easier for you than it is for me. NO more people food. Don't give in to her pretty little stares that she gives you, lol! Or if you want to give her people food, YOU eat first... then she eats. Wait until your finished and you can give them little pieces of whatever your eating. Just little, not a lot. As for her not eating her food, I've gotta picky eater on my hands too. I always mixed in wet food with his dry, there's nothing wrong with that, it got him to eat. But for 4 weeks, he's been eating Nature's Variety Instinct. Can I say he LOVES it?? Has been eating soley dry food basically for 4 weeks. Amazing!! He likes duck/turkey flavor and rabbit.

Yep, sounds like you're giving her too much! You may love her a *ton* but that's not going to make for a good/happy dog. I'm gonna sound like Cesar Millan here, but I truly believe in: Disicipline, Exercise, and Affection... in that order. Loving a dog alone is not going to create a balanced dog. I highly recommend watching It's Me or the Dog on Animal Planet and Dog Whisperer on National Geographic. It will make for a better dog!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!