View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #7
ARCHIE
No Longer A Member

Animal Smiley 049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
I feel your pain, as a life long insomniac and with my Pixie who wakes me up every hour to hour and a half from 1 am until she gets fed at 5 am. She is going to be 4 and learned this behaviour from my pom (RIP) who had cushing's disease and would need to go out at night and eat. Once Maya passed away I was hoping that I would be able to get some sleep, but no Pixie has become a nightmare at night. She will not stop running back and forth, kicking her feet barking until I give her something. I know this is a learned behavior and she is terribly spoiled. It just seems easier to give her a treat and go back to sleep for an hour or so until she wakes me again. I know it is crazy and I am so tired all the time. I talked to a dog trainer and he said start cutting out one wake up treat at a time. Once my husband retires in December I am going to try ignoring her if that doesn't work I will put her in another room to see of she will eventually settle down.I can't let her wake everyone up when they have to get up for work the next day. I have been using a spray bottle during the night when she wakes me up but it doesn't really stop her. My only advice to you is try now to stop the behavior as the longer it goes on the harder it is to break. I hope you get some good suggestions and can get Poppy sleeping at night. Keep us posted.

OMG Patti, how do you function? I award you the Metal of Yorkie Honor. Really, I'll be honest and say I could never do what you do.
Thanks heavens Buddy sleeps like I do. My heart goes out to you
gals who are sleep deprived! I can't imagine such a horrible thing.
ARCHIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!