View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
Pup-e-Love
YT 500 Club Member

Unhappy I just don't know what to do!!!

Our little guy came from a resuce, so we got him really early at 7 weeks. I have been trying to work with him and teach him what is good play, but I don't think it's working. He is now 11 weeks and is constanly snapping at my fingers, hands, arms, feet, legs. I keep thinking that this is just normal play, but I just don't know. He seems to do it if he does not like for me to do something so I did try to put him on his back and at first it did help with calming him down, but now he goes crazy and snaps and snarls at me like a wild animal. I know I read that we are not to do that, but it was after the fact and like I said I had already been doing that when I read about not doing it. (I had always heard this was the right thing to do, I did not know it changed.) He does not seem to get this way with the kids, but they keep their distance when he starts to go after them. My kids are 1, 7, and almost 10. He just seems to play better with them. I'm the one doing all the discipline so maybe that is why he is taking his fustrations out on me. Someone on here also said to tap his nose when he bites and tell him no in a stern voice. I also tried that, but I think that also has made things worse. I also tried the yelping, but it has no effect on him. Now, I just don't know what to do. Have I created a monster?? Is there no way to right his behavior?? I'm trying to be a good mama to him, but I just don't know what is the right way. Please help me!!!
Pup-e-Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!