View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
Texanna
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Bilbo is going crazy! Or else I am!

Bilbo is 6 months old and neutered. This weekend, he started going crazy! It all started Thursday evening when he started "killing" his stuffed pig. When playing, he would just shake his head so hard, I thought his eyeballs were going to pop out. At first, I thought it was cute, but now I wonder if he is showing aggression.

I took Friday off, and took him for his first grooming. When I picked him up, the groomer told me that he would hardly let her touch his head and she had to do a scissor cut. He gets brushed daily, so it's not like having his head touched is a new experience. Is he too young for the groomer? We took him to visit a friend that evening, but he behaved himself.

Saturday, we drove an hour away to my parents for my dad's birthday celebration. The whole way down, he shivered and panted. He didn't want to chew on his pig or anything. When we got there, he was fine. Since the weather was nice, we let him play in the fenced yard. He got out several times and wouldn't come when I called him.

Yesterday was the worst. I took him with me to visit a friend and he was a total terror. When I put him down, he ran around the whole house, wouldn't come when I called him, nipped at my friend and was humping her arm. When we got home, he started nipping at me.

Is it a coincidence that all these behaviors evolved at the same time? Is it because his schedule was so different than normal? Why would a neutered male (his previous owner had him fixed when he was two months old) hump? Is this normal behavior? Is it adolescent acting out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

He understands sit, stay, no, comes to his name and is potty trained both to a pad and to outside. Sorry if I used the wrong word to describe his "oversexed" behavior.

Last edited by Texanna; 10-05-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Texanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!