View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 05:48 AM   #4
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

i am still learning every day and have a LOT to learn. But I got started about two and a half years ago when i bought a female pup with a great show lineage to breed from a show breeder. The day i picked her up, the breeder had brought her to a dog show for me and already was stacking her and walking her on a show lead. I talked with a friend and we decided to take our dogs to a show. My puppy won 13 ribbons that weekend and I was hooked. neither my friend nor I hae a mentor. There is no one that lives near us to help us and the show people that are within driving distance are not too friendly to newcomers. We made a few phone calls to a couple of friends and just decided to "jump right in". We winged our way thru it. the first show was a UKC show and I was scared to death. Then a few months later, we jumped right in an AKC show. My girl took a first and second place there. Scared to death that time too. I now have two finished UKC champions and a little guy that I am already showing UKC and plan to take to AKC next Spring.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!