View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 07:27 PM   #9
little coco
Yorkie Yakker

My dog is 11 weeks old, and I just got her on Sun. She already knows how to use the wee wee pads, she's had 4 accidents in two days. She isn't pooping on the pads yet.
I am not crate training her. She sleeps in the bed with me too.
As soon as we get up in the morning I put her on a pad, and she goes. I can never make it down three flights of stairs in time, it seems to go outside.
She does go potty outside as well.
Tonight, she was racing around the family room, and she had to go potty, so she went right over to the pad. After she did that, she came over to where I was standing, and I praised her. I didn't give her a treat, just told her how good she was for about 10 seconds. I don't think treats are always necessary after potty,but I did give them to her after she went the first few times on the pad. Now, when she poops on the wee wee pad, I'll probably give her a treat!
I would let your dog adjust to it's new surroundings. I don't think I would put the pads inside the crate, It's my inderstanding from what I've read, is that dogs don't like going potty where they eat and sleep, kind of like humans. Keep working with him, and right after he goes to the bathroom, take it either over to the pads, or outside, and maybe that will help. And remember small bladders, I take Coco outside right after she eats, otherwise she'll have an accident.

Last edited by little coco; 03-22-2005 at 07:31 PM.
little coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!