View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #5
MorkieMomii
Senior Yorkie Talker

We use Orijen. Eva likes it too but we have had some trouble with it. I started a thread about it a while back. Here is my original post.

Eva switched to Orijen puppy and it was great. We bought a trial size bag first. She had firm dark links, clean bum, awesome. So we bought the next size up same variety. Within 2 days, she had soft serve and some even runnier. Went to the vet to run another parasite test(she had had Giardia 3weeks prior) I figured since we didn't change the food it wasn't that. Parasite test was fine so vet put her on acute care paste to replace her flora in case the antibiotics messed her up(the paste didn't help if anything it got worse). So I decided to check the ingredients on both bags of food, the trial size and the medium size. OMG they are different. The trial size had some corn half way down the list and no pumpkin, the Medium bag had no corn and did have pumkin instead. WHAT??? I go back to the store and check the bags, the trial size and the large bags are the same, the medium are different. Ok, bought another trial size(just in case) and a large size bag, both with the original ingrediants of corn and no pumpkin. I put her right back fully on the new trial bag and the next day her perfect little links were back. I have yet to open the large bag but the ingredients are the same so we'll see. Once I realized, I checked the kibble carefully and the trial size were slightly darker and slightly smaller than the medium size. They also smelled slightly different. Separately I wouldn't have been sure there was a difference. So, emailed the company with all this about 4 days ago but have not heard back(figures).

So now with any food when buying a larger size of the SAME flippin thing, I will read every single ingredient.

Someone did finally call me, then they sent me a bunch of samples to try of Acana their other food. They told me that they did change the meat amounts as well as adding pumpkin. It made the food richer. Eva doesn't like it as much and it is runny poop every time I try the new recipe. So she is on old trial bags as I switch her to something else.Hope you have better luck with it.

MorkieMomii is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!