View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 07:24 PM   #8
bkessler
Mommy's Little Angel
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieLover9
My pup (4 month old boy) has a huge crate as well (pads/newspaper on one end), food/water along the side, rolled up fluffy blanket and toys on the other end away from the pads/newspaper).

He's in this crate when I'm at work, and he used to use the paper inside ALOT during the day while I was gone, now he hardly goes in his crate at all. When I first got him 2 months ago, I had a large area in my living room covered with paper that he could use to potty, now that he's not going as much, I've reduced the size of the potty area (paper by just a few sheets) and have moved it to my dining room.

It's getting better. When I get home in the evenings, if he wanders off, I follow him and usually he's sneaking off to potty, so I clap my hands and say in a rough voice over and over, get on that paper, get on that paper and he takes off running for the paper, then if he makes it to the paper, I give him a small treat and praise.
How long did you keep him in his crate or is he still in there when you go to work... I am concerned if i let Mocha pee in her cage she will never learn how to use paper or pee pee pads..

Brooke
bkessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!