Thread: Please help!!
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
BellaBooMom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Please help!!

My baby Bella just turned 2 at the end of August. She is 5 lbs and has always been healthy and active. She has a German Shepherd brother that helps her get plenty of exercise. In July she started showing signs of a UTI so I took her in. Sure enough it was positive and she was put on antibiotics. Roughly 2 weeks after that she showed signs again. Took her back to the vet and she was put on more antibiotics. At the end of the 2nd round of antibiotics I noticed that one night after urinating there were 2-4 small spots of reddish urine, which over time had gotten brighter red. Back to the vet, who took an x-ray to rule out bladder stones. X-Ray was negative, and she seemed better so we just let her finish the antibiotics. Less than a week after finishing the antibiotics, same thing started happening. At this point, I took her to another vet for a 2nd opinion.

The 2nd vet took a clean urine sample directly from her bladder and ran some tests. She found 2 separate types of bacteria as well as a high PH level. She gave antibiotics that worked on both bacteria and some meds for lowering the PH level. All of this worked, briefly. Antibiotics were given a 2nd time and more x-rays, which were negative. We're now 3 months later and I still know nothing.

I'm at a loss. I'm worried sick about my baby but don't know what else to do. She exhibits no other signs of illness except the UTI. She eats and drinks normal. She plays normal. She just seems to need to pee a lot (which is not good in the house!). Keep in mind that the reason I am so concerned is not only for the ongoing UTI symptoms, but because during this 3 month period, roughly once a week or every other week for one night, she will have small drops of blood like liquid. It's only one day, usually in the evening or night. There is no consistency in the "bleeding", as she doesn't do it more than once after urinating. It varies in color, sometimes dull, others bright. As soon as we think the antibiotics and PH meds have done the trick, the blood droplets come back for one night.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I've spent so much money and still have no answers and made no progress in getting my baby better! Please help!!! Thank you!!
BellaBooMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!